We are the leader in addressing our community’s emotional health by providing guidance to all those we serve on their journey to wellness. The McHenry County Crisis Center Program is the centerpoint of access for all behavioral health emergencies for the residents of greater McHenry, Lake and Kane counties. We provide emergency mental health services, upon request, to our residents. The Crisis Program’s primary goals are to provide prompt, compassionate and effective mental health help during personal, family or community emergency.
Centegra Crisis Services is funded in partnership with the McHenry County Mental Health Board and the State of Illinois Department of Human Services.
- 24-hour crisis intervention
- Problem solving/support
- Referral to available resources
- Linkages to ongoing services
- Face-to-Face assessment
- Screening admissions to local and state operated mental health facilities
- Grief support
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Services (CISD)
- Speakers Bureau
- Clearinghouse for mental health professionals for county disasters
- Consulting/Training/First Response Program
If you are encountering problems yourself, or know someone else who is experiencing them, please phone the McHenry County Crisis Line at 1-800-892-8900.